A sideways glance into the mind of filsmyth (previously Phil Smith), author of Virtual Dreamer.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

The Cellphone Number of the Beast

_____


~~~This is a rant I started on the 3rd...~~~



WHY?


Why do you suppose cellphones have become so popular?

If you have to think about that for a moment, you might say that it's because it's very convenient to be able to make calls and receive them, no matter where you are. You might also mention texting, and GPS, and whatever else -- but those things are ancillary.


It just may be that there is something about cellphones that is like a drug.

Look it up for yourselves, for that is the best way to be informed. Haven't looked into it myself, to verify my suspicions, but there has been a lot of work with electromagnetic frequencies -- and I suspect that cellphone companies have tapped into that research.

There is a natural frequency that the Earth herself emits, and that keeps us on an even keel. Other frequencies can agitate us, or make us feel very loving, or anything in between. There are resonant frequencies, as scientists in secret government programs established decades ago, that are capable of inducing just about any emotional state you can name.

Music, just with its tempo, can effect our mood. Is it such a stretch to consider that electromagnetic frequencies might do the same?

Seriously, there were scientists who spent many years studying the various effects of different frequencies of electromagnetic radiation on human subjects, staring in the 1950s.


Now, I'll
readily admit that I absolutely hate cellphones. It would be reason enough, if the extreme rudeness of users was my only gripe -- or that as a driver I see the worst infractions being made by other drivers who happen to have one arm dedicated to holding a cellie, seemingly oblivious to the rules of the road. Another issue, though, for me at least, is the radiation those things emit. I'm particularly sensitive to such things, and on one occasion experienced a very painful and sudden headache in a grocery store, only to examine my surroundings and find a woman out of my previous sightline, answering a call.

The one time I myself used a cellphone while driving, I was in an unfamiliar vehicle, and in answering the call experienced a level of disorientation hardly consummate with that particular combination of piloting a strange conveyance while, odd as it may have been, answering a phone. The disorientation I experienced was very much like being on some kind of mind-altering drug -- and then and there I vowed never to attempt to combine vehicle operation with cellphone usage.

I was more or less forced to put one of those things up to my head since then, a couple of times...



~~~and, break~~~

Should I even go back and read that before going on? Okay, I skimmed it...


Anyway, my point is that I seriously suspect cellphones, by the carefully selected frequencies with which they operate, act like a drug -- and a quite addictive drug, at that. There is no need, for most
of those who carry them, to own these things. For the most part, their use is frivolous.

Yes, there are plenty of people who get legitimate use out of them, just as there are plenty who would never think of walking around a grocery store -- or driving -- while on the phone. I'm not saying these things can't be useful, and used responsibly and politely...

What I'm saying is that cellphones have turned into a craze, the level of which can't be explained by how 'cool' it may be perceived to be to have them.


Their minds already dulled by fluoride, their education artificially diluted, today's sheep carry devices that, at the touch of a button, subtly alter their brainwaves -- and (as always), they have no clue. They're being fleeced in a way that (almost) no one saw coming.


I just wish they had the sense not to drive under the influence of microwaves.




Phil Smith
May 6, 2008



_____

2 comments:

machinelf said...

Most of the human race in this country are highly programmed. The small number of media owners maintain a constant flow of drivel to keep the sheeple engaged with that programming. Since the victims are so used to NOT being in their own heads (but rather prefer to be subjected to the pleasant buzz of programming), cell phones make it possible for them to stay out of their own thoughts even while not being exposed to programming, for the sole purpose of getting that same rush by talking to other sheeple ABOUT the programming. The Man has managed to actually succeed in giving the sheeple the tools to manage their own imprisonment.

machinelf said...

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=mind-control-by-cell

Followers