A sideways glance into the mind of filsmyth (previously Phil Smith), author of Virtual Dreamer.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Lure of Ink

Today (which would have been my father's 72nd birthday) I finally went to the Lure website, called their number, and then sent them an e-mail.

http://www.luretattoo.com/


They used to be located just around the corner from me, and if they hadn't moved I might already have one if not both of the tats I've been wanting for months (and months and months, for the first one). I'll be entering another zip code, a drive that will take longer than my walk would've, but Lure is still my choice.

In a week I'll be turning 40, and I'm determined to have at least the Flag of Earth inked on my left shoulder by then. If I can get the white band around my right bicep (for Arms Against War) done within that time frame also, I'll be very happy.

An update will follow, with photos if possible.


I can almost feel them already, such is my anticipation...


Phil Smith
January 11th, 2007


___

1 comment:

Concrete Fireman said...

Way to go on the tatoo(s) dude. I never for one second regretted getting both arms inked with the rebel flag. My first tat on my right upper arm just below shoulder is the Confederate and American flags with the bottoms of the staffs crossing. I loved it. When the "cooler" months rolled around I thought I'd be wearin more short sleeve shirts as opposed to sleeveless. So I wanted another tat on bicep that would show with a shortsleeve shirt. Well I rarely wear a shortsleeve shirt, always a sleeveless so I can show off both tats.
It's an experience dude you will never forget. Neither one of mine really "hurt" or were painful. The excitement of the moment flooded my body with endorphins and I talked with the tat artist the whole time.

Your tats won't take long to do and I don't see why they won't be able to do both in the same day.

I have my next major ink job to come at a future date I haven't chosen yet but I'm hoping around Thanksgiving 2007. Definitely on my upper back with alot of detail. I suspect that one will take about 2 long sessions but it will be worth it. Probably will have it done bout the same time I make my JD my legal name. A Phoenix rising out of the ashes and flames.

As for turnin 40?. Great gift to give yourself dude. Turnin 40 didn't bother me, it was turning 30 that really got me.
Maybe I can order up some some fer ya so you can grill outside in the snow too.
Glad you are getting the ink dude. Now you can fly your flag 24/7/365 wherever ya go and take you stand against war too. I still don't get tired of lookin at my tats. A constant reminder of who and what I am. An Awesome Experience.

JD

Followers