A sideways glance into the mind of filsmyth (previously Phil Smith), author of Virtual Dreamer.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

No Pressure


Amazing. I first photographed the Cressida way back in May -- meaning the offer stood for a full six months before I was able to act on it...


ORIGINAL ALLOY -- MAY 20, 2004
Posted by Hello


Walked up to the convenience store / gas station to try starting it again today. Starter working fine, no hammer taps needed, but still no fuel to the engine. Then, while at the counter buying a bottle of Tradewinds tea, was informed my Toyota would be towed if it sat there much longer (what ever happened to SERVICE STATIONS?).

Called the one out of five of my siblings who lives in town. Dave has a lot of experience with cars, has owned a Toyota pickup for many years. We went over the relevant pages of the Haynes manual, drove up there, were able to determine that the fuel pump is working, but no start...

Plan B called for being pushed through traffic -- a new meaning to the phrase 'bumper-to-bumper' for me. Let's just say I'm glad there wasn't more traffic, that it was a short distance, and that only slight grades (no hills) were involved.

Ha! But next time a vehicle needs to be pushed that way, I'll volunteer to do the steering. Unexpected fun. Driving the pusher is probably more worrisome...

He lent me a floor jack and a pair of jackstands, in case I need to get at the fuel pump -- or for when I decide to remove and replace that wheel bearing on the Cadillac. He's also promised to bring metric line wrenches so I can track down the suspected clog. THANKS DAVE!

The weather is mild, so maybe I'll have the Cressida running again before next year.

No pressure.


No comments:

Followers